2.16.2008

Mi hermosa bebé






Sofie is getting so big! She still has no interest in crawling. She still has no teeth but is showing all of the signs of teething. Last week we took her to the doctor because she had a slight fever. They thought she had a UTI but it turned out to be nothing. I was very upset with the nurses because they were so rough on her when they were trying to collect a urine sample with a catheder. They tried twice on one day and two more times the next. One nurse told me she was born with labial adhesion. After we saw the doctor, she said "well not anymore." I was so mad. I am sure you can understand. I was also sad this past week because I had to stop breastfeeding my little angel. My chaotic schedule at work was not allowing me to pump as often as I needed to so I wasn't producing enough. I am just glad I got to do it this long. I know she will be fine. Her little cousin Saul is crawling all over the place! He is only two weeks and four days older but has a big reason to crawl. He has a four year old sister to chase around. All three of them are going to have the best times together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made it a long time breastfeeding! I'm impressed, but I also understand the sadness...no matter HOW long you get to do it, it's still a bit sad.

And that business about the nurses?? Oh no ma'am! I would have been irate!
brenda

Chad, Kim, Shelby and Hayden said...

You should have went off on the nurses, poor Sofie! Shelby enjoyed getting to see her this past weekend. I was able to take some cute pictures.

Nana Suzie said...

She is growing more and more beautiful everyday!
Love ya'll!

Nana Suzie said...

p.s. You did a great job of breast feeding this long! She is healthier and happier for it!!

Penelope said...

How did I miss the nurse drama???

Gee, when I take Penelope to the vet I'm mortified because she finds some reason to attack him. Now I know what it must be like to have a deviant child at parent/ teacher meetings.

Karen

En el mar, la vida es mas sabrosa

1st Birthday

Jeff's 30th